Main event, Alex Balashov on Kamailio: [audio:http://media.blubrry.com/winelover/recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-22622/TS-300113.mp3|titles=Kamailio with Alex Balashov]
Part Zero, pre-conference chat: [audio:http://media.blubrry.com/winelover/cloud.vuc.mevuc20091218-Part0.mp3|titles=Pre-conference chat]
Guest Alex Balashov of Evariste Systems leads us down the path to enlightenment and understanding of this complex topic, including
Kamailio, the role of Asterisk, the role of SER and media gateways, etc.
– Relationship of Kamailio to OpenSER project history.
– What is Kamailio/OpenSER?
– SIP proxy
– SIP server (for certain purposes, such as registrar, presence user agent, etc.)
– Common uses of Kamailio.
– Service delivery platform engineering and Asterisk scaling using Kamailio.
– Some discussion of sip-router.org initiative.
“But, wait, that’s not all!” – Free stuff!
What you will learn from this book
- An introduction to SIP
- An overview of SIP Proxies
- Compiling and installing OpenSER
- SIP Proxy default configuration
- Implementing MySQL support for authentication
- Installing the user portal (SerWEB)
- Connecting to the PSTN using a gateway
- Sending a call to voicemail
- NAT traversal using mediaproxy
- Billing with Freeradius and CDRTool
- Troubleshooting tips and tools.