Event: Friday, June 18th@ 1pm EDT
This week week have another VUC double-header! Starting at 1pm EDT we will be joined by Todd Carothers, VP of Product Management at Counterpath.
Following the recent announcement of Bria 3.0 for Linux, Counterpath are this week celebrating the launch of their Bria soft phone for the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
The software is already available from Apple’s iTunes store, so by Friday all you iPhone-toting Apple-philes should have it loaded and be ready to share your initial experience with the release.
Here’s a quote from that release about the tech specs:
Key features include:
• Full SIP compliance, enabling use with any SIP-compliant server and hundreds of ITSPs that currently offer CounterPath-based services.
o Appears as another endpoint to service providers or PBX equipment, enabling fast, cost-effective deployments.
• Call quality that’s superior to circuit-switched wireline and wireless voice, and based on the G.711, G.729 and GSM codecs.
• An intuitive user interface that provides one-touch access to voicemail, call history, speakerphone and other frequently used telephony features such as 4-digit dialing.
• Support for DTMF, which lets users enter numbers to access an auto attendant.
• Bluetooth support, enabling hands-free calling for convenience, as well as safety while driving.
• Multi-call management options, including the ability to switch between, merge and split calls, all in ways that are already familiar to iPhone users so they can start using these features immediately.
• Signaling and call encryption via TLS and SRTP, enabling enterprise-class security.
• Optional customized branding available for enterprises and telephony providers.